Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Little Lydia and David

David and Lydia will always be bonded in my heart.



We met the Andersons the day before surgery. All of the pre-op families were put into one room with a nurse who wanted to keep the removed bone from surgery for research. Sounded good to me, but we of course had to sign 500 papers to do this. :)

I couldn't help but wonder if the couple to our left - who was from Brazil - could understand our fast-talking nurse. I kept looking at them to see if they were comprehending, and it seemed that they were.

When we were left alone, I starting chatting (I know you're shocked). Come to find out, they were from the U.S. - they were missionaries  in Brazil. No wonder they understood her fast English. :)

Fast forward to the next day.

Lydia was the third surgery on January 14. David was the fourth (and last). They had identical hospital rooms and had similar experiences in the hospital.


Mike, Kelli and their two sweet girls moved from Brazil to Dallas for several months to complete the helmet therapy.

We made sure Kelli and Lydia knew they never had to stay in a hotel, but could always stay at one of our houses. Between us, Chris's parents and grandparents, there is plenty of room to stay!

Kelli and Lydia had their new helmet appointment and three-month check-up this week too, so they were in town. I had such a great time visiting with Kelli and watching Lydia and David interact and play with each others' helmets. So precious!


"Hey! You have a special hat, too!"

"Yeah! But hey, your velcro is different than mine!"

We got to eat out, shop a bit, but mostly do lots of mom-talking about heads, surgeries, 2-year-olds (we both have two-year olds too!), and 6-month-olds.

I realized that we forgot to get a picture of the two of us together (next time, Kelli!), but got plenty of our two bundles.

 Waiting to see Dr. Jimenez

I caught myself just falling in love with this little girl. She is so sweet and I kept catching myself kissing her little helmet when I held her just like I do David's. She'll always have a special place in my heart, and every time I  see a helmet, it will be a great reminder to pray for this fellow family in the ministry.








1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures!! Lydia and I are looking forward to September!

    ReplyDelete